THE 2 NIGHT STAY
Please note this important travel information:
- Make sure that you get your passport stamped at the airport when you enter Botswana
- You’ll then be met by a representative at the airport who will help with your luggage and transfer you to the Kasane Immigration Office (KIO)in an air-conditioned vehicle
- Once you arrive at KIO, a Zambezi Queen Collection staff member will meet you and help with formalities at passport control as you exit Botswana
- You’ll then be transferred by a smaller tender boat with a Zambezi Queen Collection staff member to the Namibian Immigration Office
- You then need to get your passport stamped at the Namibian Immigration Office. Please wear comfortable shoes, as there is a short walk to the immigration office
If you arrive with the 13:00 and 14:00 transfers, you’ll be served lunch, while if you’re transferred at 15:00 or 16:00 you’ll be served a snack before the sunset cruise by tender boat starts. Once all our guests have boarded in the late afternoon, after a safety breathing and if the weather permits, we’ll go in search of some big game by tender boat. This is the perfect time of day to make the most of that golden glow of the African sunset by getting some iconic shots of the animals as they gravitate towards the river before night falls.
Return back to the Zambezi Queen and freshen up before meeting your host on the upper deck with a welcome drink. After taking in the spectacular scenery, you’ll make your way to the dining room where you’ll be served a delectable three-course dinner along with an excellent choice of paired wines. Finish off with an espresso or nightcap at the bar before retiring to the night sounds of Africa in the distance.
We know that some guests like to watch the sunrise as they sip on their coffee while others like to take a more leisurely approach. That’s why we let you choose your morningactivities, depending on the type of holiday you’re searching for. Perhaps you want to enjoy a water-based safari or a village tour on the Namibian side of the river?
Or perhaps you’d prefer a spot of bird watching or fishing instead? You may even decide to simply remain on board as the luxurious Zambezi Queen glides its way along the banks of the Chobe River.
After your morning activities, enjoy lunch on board while using your unique vantage point to spot wild animals and drink in the expansive views. Join our guide in the afternoon for a water-based safari on a tender boat where you can get up close to an array of wildlife, including some of the 120 000 elephants for which the Chobe is well known. After a delicious dinner, settle down for a restful and tranquil night in your luxurious suite.
Enjoy a morning cruise during breakfast as you do your last bit of animal spotting and take some memorable pictures. Bid our crew a reluctant farewell and then make your way via tender boat to the Namibian Immigration Office. Once you’ve had your documents stamped you’ll be transferred via tender boat to the Kasane Immigration Office, where you’ll have your documents stamped once again before entering Botswana.