FLEXIBLE BOOKING TERMS
For upcoming confirmed or new bookings, we have amended our booking terms and conditions, and are encouraging guests to postpone travel, rather than cancel. We will continue to be as flexible as possible in order to simplify the booking process and to minimise any negative impact as much as we can.
Our current flexible booking terms are as follows:
Existing confirmed bookings travelling up to and including 31 December 2020:
- Bookings may be postponed to a future travel date up to 31 December 2021 without penalty,
- Flexibility on final payment will be granted with balance of payment required 30 days prior to travel
– Should clients postpone and subsequently cancel, cancellation penalties as per original booking date apply
- Rate increases will be wavered for applicable postponed bookings,
- If guests wish to postpone but don’t yet know their new travel dates, they have until 30 August 2020 to confirm their new travel dates,
- Please note on postponed bookings, no refunds of advance payments will be made,
- A Future Cruise Credit (FCC) equal to the value of the funds that the Zambezi Queen Collection has received can be issued:
– The FCC is redeemable on any Zambezi Queen Collection river safari up until 31 December 2021,
– For added flexibility, the FCC is transferrable with written confirmation provided by the original FCC owner.
Cancellations for existing confirmed bookings travelling up to and including 31 December 2020:
With international travel legislation under review in terms of treatment of deposits, cancellations and such measures we considered how best to be fair to our customers, our immediate partners and the greater community. Our responsibilities lie not only in ensuring the sustainability of the Zambezi Queen Collection, but also in the support we offer to the local communities that rely on the income and other support provided by our properties. This is integral to our ethos as part of the Mantis Collection, and more can be found out about these initiatives here. As such, our standard cancellation terms apply for those guests who cancel existing confirmed bookings instead of postpone. These can be found here.
New bookings made from 1 May 2020 for travel up to and including 30 June 2021:
- New bookings can be held provisionally for 14 days, upon which time written confirmation, together with receipt of the deposit is required,
- Deposits will be 100% refundable up to 60 days before date of travel,
- Our standard terms will apply to balance payments.
Cancellations for new bookings made from 1 May 2020 for travel up to and including 30 June 2021:
Revised refundable cancellation terms are in place exclusively for new bookings cancelling for reasons relating to Covid-19 that are due to arrive within 60 days at a Zambezi Queen Collection property.
Covid-19 related restrictions include:
- If all Zambezi Queen Collection properties in the region that the guest was due to visit are temporarily closed.
- If the government of the country within which the Zambezi Queen Collection property is located has closed its borders to international travellers.
- If the government of the country within which the Zambezi Queen Collection property is located has declared that no visas will be issued to travellers from the country of origin of the guest.
- If the government of the guest’s country of residence has closed its borders to all but essential travel.
- If the government of the country within which the Zambezi Queen Collection property is located has imposed a mandatory quarantine upon entering the country.
Please note that because of the constantly changing landscape, the above terms are also subject to change with 24 hours’ notice and we respectfully ask you to bear with us in these unprecedented times.
The situation is changing every day, so please do also contact us directly at [email protected] should you need any update. We are very happy, of course, to chat in more detail, to answer any further questions you have on future travel and what precautions are taking place at our properties and on the ground.
Thank you for your support during these exceptional times. We look forward to coming out of this with you stronger, together.